Kuwait City, Kuwait • *************
Date of Birth: 01/06/1974 • Nationality: British
Gender: Male • Civil Status: Married
Senior Economics, Market Intelligence and Strategy Expert
Resourceful and analytical professional with over 20 years of experience in driving various projects across the globe within oil and gas industry. Demonstrated success in creating the Dynamic Economic Model
(DEM), detailed business plans and strategies, for unlocking stranded oil and gas resources of over 200
Million barrels. Skilled in conducting fiscal and economic evaluation on a wide range of asset acquisition and divestment opportunities, and for the commercial and economic evaluation of projects. Many years of experience in corporate and asset acquisitions and market intelligence for business development and company strategy. Proven expertise in:
• Strategic Planning
• Risked Portfolio Economics
• Corporate Portfolio Evaluation
• Performance Benchmarking
• Expertise in Production sharing, “Turn- key” and Concession fiscal systems.
• Economic Analysis
• Acquisition and Divestment
• Market Intelligence
• Staff Leadership and Training
▪ Wrote Whitepaper on “Nigeria Gas Development” for Addax Petroleum.
▪ Created detailed Norwegian Market position paper for Marubeni International allowing market entry
▪ Have provided market intelligence and position papers for numerous multi-billion-dollar investments around the globe.
▪ Prepared and deployed Addax Exploration Business Plan.
▪ Designed and implemented “Portfolio Strategy, Ranking, and Evaluation” for Dana Petroleum and
▪ Set-up the Decision Analysis Manual to support the executives of Addax Petroleum.
KUFPEC (Contract in Kuwait) – Kuwait City
Senior Specialist Strategic Planning, 2017 to Present
Identify all costs of field development and contribute towards improving plan production capacity through full cycle and point forward project economics analysis. Assess the sustainability of project portfolio and find ways to achieve operational/cost efficiency. Co-ordinate in devising business plan, strategy, and performing portfolio review based on utilising risk adjusted return on capital approaches. Conduct business development project audit to uncover issues and challenges encountered in the execution of project.
▪ Drove the application of “Risked return on Capital” (RAROC) methodology in KUFPEC.
▪ Economics and Market intelligence for investment opportunities in integrated LNG projects
▪ Devised innovative investment and capital structures for high profile supply base opportunities in
Guyana and Norway.
Kevin M******* • Page 2
ABIS Energy – Aberdeen
Divisional Director (Economics, Strategy & Finance), 2014 to Present
Administer all key economics and financial affairs and deliver support for investment and project management activities. Draft support documentation containing all information regarding funding and investment. Lead and provide guidance to economics and software development teams in completing all assigned duties on time. Evaluate economic value of Oil and gas projects through economics, strategy, and market intelligence while monitoring managerial actives. Reports directly to the CEO and co-ordinate directly with government agencies.
▪ Created Dynamic Economic Model and showcased the model to target market to generate sales. The
DEM software and business model subsequently adopted by UK regulator.
▪ Prepared business plan to drive ABIS Insight and Energy operations and meet growth target.
▪ Enabled customers to expand operations into new regions through market intelligence and country entry strategy.
▪ Developed UK late life and decommissioning strategy for UKCS.
▪ Supported in unlocking 1 billion barrels of stranded resources in the UKCS.
Goodwyn Energy | OGTC | Centrica | Marubeni | Klesch Petroleum | Hunting Oilfield | Ecosse Energy
Maersk Oil UK – Aberdeen
Senior Economist, 2013 to 2014
Managed all key affairs and carried out economic analysis of Gryphon area project and Culzean gas project at UK and corporate portfolio level. demonstrated the economic viability of the Gryphon Gas Blowdown
Project through feasibility study. Participated in Partner/JV meetings and discussions with recommendation as a key representative of Maersk Oil. Collaborated with cross-functional teams in executing all assigned activities.
▪ Unlocked resources with a value of over £200M by identifying late life gas blowdown in Gryphon FPSO
(Quad 9) area.
▪ Reviewed and amended Maersk Oil UK project economics, increasing the robustness of those models and making updates generating efficiency benefits which save months of work on an annual basis.
Dana Petroleum – Aberdeen
Economics Manager (Business Development/Commercial/Market Intelligence), 2011 to 2013
Led the development of the corporate economics function, including process design, implementation, and improvement, managing exploration and production portfolios across several geographies. Calculated estimated value of business development assets through detailed review and prepared divestment plan for disposals. Co-ordinated with board and top management in creating group business plan. Conducted post- merger economics, international new business, and commercial agreements analysis. Evaluated macro and micro economic factors and screening parameters as well as set hurdle rates.
▪ Constructed portfolio strategy to enhance values also prioritised and ranked projects.
▪ Developed country entry strategy to incorporate business in Mauritania.
▪ Strengthened the decision making of executives by preparing economic models, performing fiscal analysis, and drafting reports on results.
▪ Identified and controlled the uncertainties associated with exploration by forming and implementing risked exploration economics and economics of exploration portfolio strategy.
▪ Doubled the efficiency of economics screening and evaluation from inception to approval by initiating and developing economics processes
Kevin M******* • Page 3
Zeit | Qarun | Nefertiti | Mauritania Greenfield | Gabon Bomono | Western Isles
Additional experience as Business Development Economist at Premier Oil (Contract Role)
Lead Economist at Addax Petroleum
Economist at ConocoPhillips Limited
Consulting Economist & Benchmarking Specialist at AUPEC
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Arts (hons.) in Business Studies - 1998
Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Diploma in Business Administration (Distinction) - 1996
Aberdeen College, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
|Desired Job:||Senior Petroleum Economist|
|Job Type:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Availability to Start:||Negotiable|
|Desired Job Location:||London, UK • Aberdeen, UK • Calgary, AB, Canada • New Zealand|
|Desired Payment:||from GBP 95,000 / year|
|Last Updated:||3 years ago|
|Contact Details Price:|| USD 5.00 |
To view the contact details for this resume a payment is required.